Monday 26 November 2012

Cambodian Womens Development Agency

From my inbox, via my friend Anna who works for Cambodian Womens Development Agency:

I wanted to share with you some of the work I'm doing.

The organisation which I am volunteering for has a safe shelter for girls and young women who have experienced gender based violence or human rights abuses (like trafficking). The shelter costs about $30,000 per year to run and we are funded by two anti-trafficking organisations, but it doesn't quite cover the full cost.

I want to try to raise $5000 this December for the shelter. We want to pay for food and hygiene materials for the girls and also pay for essential leisure items like taking them to skateboarding and yoga lessons - both amazing ways of expressing oneself, taking risks and releasing stress!

Can you help? If you can't donate, and I understand money is tight now, can you forward the link onto your friends/ family? I'd love to spread the word as much as possible.

The page goes live today, and we have until December 31st to raise the money. If we reach the goal then we get a permanent spot on Global Giving for the organisation.

Here's the page - you can read more about the project and donate here: (it's in dollars, but it works fine with sterling too!)

http://www.globalgiving.org/projects/safe-shelter-cambodia/

No comments: